During this holiday season, we hope that you started working smart by getting your gifts and shopping done early. Safety tips from us to you this holiday season:
1. Be proactive. If you haven’t gotten your shopping done, go NOW or later on tonight. Due to cold weather, most people try to be in by 9 or 10pm.
2. Make a list before you go. That way you don’t forget anything and have to drive back in crazy traffic.
3. Stock up on everything that you need so you can spend more time with family vs running around going crazy.
4. Start cooking early. People wait til day of to start cooking. Prepare turkey and food Sunday or even Monday to be ahead of the game.
5. Manage your MONEY very well. Make a budget for what you want to spend and don’t go over it. People go broke trying to please everyone else. You must be smart and SAVE. Always have a little left over for emergencies.
6. Take a time out for YOU. Listen to some smooth jazz or your favorite music. Relax with a glass of eggnog or wine and take a much-needed break before family comes over for dinner. That way you can enjoy their time and have energy as well.
7. Take a body stretch to relax your muscles. We tend to be so busy before and after Christmas that our bodies become weak, tired and stretches helps to keep our muscles on tract.
8. Make your phone calls early daytime on Christmas day. The early bird catches the worm. The more time you spend talking, the less time you have to spend with your family. Or just send a text those you don want to talk to.
9 If you want to go out with family or friends, plan it and make sure you organize whether for the movies, to a dinner or a party. BE PREPARED!
10. HAVE FUN, SMILE AND TELL SOMEONE YOU LOVE THEM!
Written by Andrea Wilson
President at RKD Music & Talent Management Inc