Los Angeles, CA — /PRNewswire/ — Rentrak the leader in precisely measuring movies and TV everywhere, today announced the official worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of Nov. 16, 2014, as compiled by the company’s theatrical measurement services.
As the trusted official standard for real-time worldwide box office reporting, Rentrak provides the only theater-level reporting in the world. Customers are able to analyze admissions and gross results around the world using Rentrak’s suite of products.
Rentrak’s Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, “Interstellar continues its solid orbit around the globe in 64 territories topping both the international and worldwide box office charts for the second straight week as it eclipses the $300 millionmark. Notably on Friday, The Walt Disney Studios surpassed $4 billion in global box office for the second time in its history and in studio record time, they previously accomplished this feat in 2013, reaching $4 billion on November 26th.”
The top 12 worldwide weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, Nov. 16, 2014, are below.
- Interstellar – Warner Bros./Paramount – $135.2M
2. Big Hero 6 – Disney – $47.9M
3. Dumb And Dumber To – Multiple – $47.1M
4. Penguins Of Madagascar – 20th Century Fox – $11.3M
5. Gone Girl – 20th Century Fox – $9.4M
6. Don’t Go Breaking My Heart 2 – Multiple – $9.0M
7. Fury – Multiple – $6.9M
8. Beyond The Lights – Multiple – $6.5M
9. Ouija – Universal – $6.3M
10. Nightcrawler – Multiple – $4.44M
11. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – Paramount – $4.39M
12. Imitation Game, The- Multiple – $4.2M